Boxing fitness is increasingly becoming a fun and popular way of getting in shape. In the last 30 years, people have found this sport – with its underlying storyline of struggle and personal triumph – compelling and have sought ways of participating. Movies and TV shows like “Rocky,” “Million Dollar Baby,” “The Contender,” “Ultimate Fighting Championship” and “Cinderella Man” are partly responsible for the rise in interest in boxing.
We at Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club’s Fitness Center understand the appeal of boxing fitness as a cross training alternative to conventional forms of aerobic training.
Boxing Fitness Weaves Top Fitness Techniques into Safe, Fun Approach
Boxing fitness incorporates the elements of the routines of the world’s top athletes into safe, effective and fun methods for people looking for the best ways to get in shape, without the testosterone-laced atmosphere of old-fashioned boxing rings. Boxing fitness has no barriers to participating – age, gender, ability or conditioning, everyone can do it.
Here are few of its many benefits:
- Burns 800-1,000 calories in an hour
- Low risk of injury (because the focus is on boxing technique, not actual fighting)
- Both an aerobic and anaerobic conditioning component
- Builds strength
- Burns calories and fat
- Targets the most challenging areas of the body: abdominals, butt, hips and thighs (the core)
- Builds core strength, which is exceptional cross-training for golf, tennis, baseball, football, basketball, martial arts.
- Boosts self-esteem, making you feel like a winner
Olympic athlete Roberto Benitez is one of the sport’s top trainers.
“I love boxing. I love to compete in it, I love to watch it, and I love to teach it,” he said. “From the first time I laced on a pair of boxing gloves almost 21 years ago, I felt like I was on a mission.
“By far my involvement with boxing has been an exhilarating journey that has grown my confidence and has allowed me to develop as a human being. I think that boxing is the greatest workout in the world. Hands down. No contest. That isn’t meant to discredit any other form of exercise, but when was the last time you questioned your security to defend yourself?”
“On a physical level, no workout delivers more bang for the buck than boxing. You’ll get stronger, leaner and have a lot more energy. On a mental level, you’ll feel more confident, focused and in control.”
Boxing Fitness at Golden Ocala
Benitez’ “Boxerfit” Wellness program is available at Golden Ocala’s Fitness Center.
Here’s a summary of the program.
- Wrapping hands
- Boxers meal plan
- Self-defensive maneuvers
- Rhythm and coordination
- Punch combinations
- How to jump rope
- How to hit heavy bags
- How to work target/focus drills
- Reaction and counter punch
- Increased speed and strength
- Weight loss system
- Better balance, footwork and coordination
- Substantial increase in cardiovascular endurance and stamina
- Relief from stress
- Unique total body workout
- Increased confidence and self-esteem
- A workout towel
- Hand wraps
- Boxing gloves
- Regular workout attire
- Running shoes
Contact us today at the Fitness Center to learn more how you can punch your way to tip-top shape.