What Are The Best Places for Your Honeymoon?
Of course, you as a newlywed husband should spend your time striving to “gladden the woman (you) married,” according to Shana Rishona. But, holy smokes, maybe not for a whole year. That’s how long the Orthodox Jewish honeymoon was supposed to last. That doesn’t necessarily mean 365 champagne toasts at Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club’s poolside.
While we at Golden Ocala certainly wouldn’t mind taking a yearlong honeymoon – in fact, we’re pretty sure we’d be extremely “gladdened” – we do want to explore some of the best places for your honeymoon.
We fully concede we have a built-in bias. Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club is the best place for a honeymoon. We mean, look at our luxurious amenities: 18-hole world-class golf course, Har-Tru Hydro-Grid® tennis courts, state-of-the-art Fitness Center, Salon and Spa and the finest restaurants this side of “I now pronounce thee”.
The Most Romantic Places for Honeymoons in The World
The ten most romantic places, according to The Knot?
- Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Why? “Crystal-clear waters, picturesque mountains and a coral reef swirling with colorful fish.” Where? “Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora.”
- Bali, Indonesia. Why? “Mist-shrouded temples, beautiful mountain vistas and vivid art scene.” Where? “Mulia Resort & Villas.”
- Sonoma, California. Why? ”World-class wine, delicious food and unsurpassed scenery.” Where? “Forestville’s Farmhouse Inn.”
- Paris, France. Why? “A combination of the architecture, the food and the art.” Where? “Hotel Plaza Athéneé.”
- Orkney, Scotland. Why? “Green-topped islands and sandstone cliffs.” Where? “Kirkwall Hotel.”
- Venice, Italy. Why? “The gondola ride through the Grand Canal sailing past historic buildings.” Where? “JW Marriott Venice.”
- Harbour Island, Bahamas. Why? “Pink-sand paradise.” Where? “Tingum Village Hotel.”
- Cape Town, South Africa. Why? “Glamorous beaches, big-city buzz, wild landscapes and easy access to wine country and some of the world’s best safaris.” Where? “Atlantic House.”
- Savannah, Georgia. Why? “Cozy inns and local restaurants flourish around the tree-shaded historic district.” Where? “Mansion on Forsyth Park.”
- Santorini, Greece. Why? “Small volcanic island is known for its seriously gorgeous sunsets and pristine whitewashed villas.” Where? “Perivolas hotel’s Perivolas Suite.”
Our wedding planner, the renowned Julianne Cuomo, Director of Celebrations, is world class when it comes to producing beautiful weddings. Julianne will make your wedding day absolutely wonderful. Select from our Platinum, Gold and Silver packages for an amazing reception. Each package includes some spectacular enhancements. We can also accommodate visitors as a honeymoon destination! Just let us know you’ll be spending your honeymoon with us and we can arrange a special package for you!
By booking the entire wedding here at Golden Ocala, many additional facility fees are waived including rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, engagement photo shoots, bachelorette gatherings and bachelor parties. Be sure to spend your special day, and maybe even the honeymoon as well, at Golden Ocala. Keep up with all of the latest news from Golden Ocala Golf and Equestrian Clubby following us on Facebook and Twitter.