How To Find A Wedding Hair Stylist And Makeup Artist
As a bride, you want to look your best on your wedding day. To do that, you’ll need to hire an awesome wedding hair stylist and makeup artist. But how do you choose the right one? Here are some helpful tips:
Start collecting recommendations early on. Ask your friends who they used and keep your eyes open: If you see a bride with a stunning hairstyle or flawless makeup, request the stylist’s name.
Once you’ve got a few names, start getting preliminary consultations as soon as you can – ideally, at least six months in advance. You’ll want to give yourself time to review multiple options if needed, rather than feeling compelled to hire the first person due to time constraints. Besides, it’s also wise to plan any necessary long-term elements of your wedding day look (such as skin care or growing out your hair) as soon as possible.
Your Wishes Matter
Ideally, you’ll want your makeup and hair artists to aid you in making the perfect choices to get a look you love. Confident professionals should be able to listen to your desires and wishes while also giving their own advice. They’ll explain each element of your look and be willing to change anything that you dislike.
Avoid choosing someone who doesn’t value your input. Awesome stylists aren’t going to make all the choices for you, but they will help guide you to the right ones. Someone who fails to give you any advice at all should also be avoided.
The Cost of Quality
The cost of hair and makeup can vary greatly, from a couple hundred dollars to a couple thousand. Expect to pay more if you’ve got a large bridal party, if you’re expecting the artists to travel to your location or if you’re hiring someone who is in demand.
Red Flags to Look Out For
Not every hair and makeup artist is going to be a good option for you. Some things to watch out for include:
- Lack of experience. Be careful, not every salon stylist knows how to make you look great in photographs. A dedicated wedding hair stylist and makeup artist have experience other stylists may lack.
- Poor communication or scheduling habits. If they’re consistently late or hard to contact, think twice. You don’t want to have to deal with a missing stylist on your big day!
- An unpleasant personality. Someone who seems unfriendly, pushy or annoying is a bad option. Don’t hire someone you don’t want to be around for extended amounts of time.
- Lack of references. It’s wise to do some digging to make sure your stylist can deliver. If you can’t find any rave reviews about them, beware.
- A poor trial run. If you can’t stand the hairstyle or makeup, if the stylist works too slowly or if they’re not listening to your requests, don’t expect them to change before your wedding day. Find someone else.
Finally, go with your gut. If you feel uneasy about hiring a certain wedding hair stylist and makeup artist, don’t – even if you can’t explain why.
If you’re looking for a great location for your wedding, Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club is the perfect option. The Golden Ocala Spa and Salon offers any and all services that a bridal party may need. This gorgeous facility offers great packages for your entire wedding experience, from showers to parties to ceremonies. Call Barbara at (352) 402-4348 or Julianne Cuomo at (352) 402-4376 today to learn more!