Choosing a Wedding Song for Your Golden Ocala Ceremony
The mood of your wedding is defined by the melody, the gentle score that produces the atmosphere for the most important day of your life. Choosing a wedding song requires wisdom, deep thinking and careful analysis of personality types – unless of course the two of you already have a favorite in mind.
One particular song may touch each of your individual hearts in a way that brings the two of you together – uniquely and profoundly. But if you’re still searching for that perfect sound to capture the moment and etch your wedding day into matrimonial history, you definitely ought to tread carefully. After all, who wants Megadeth when they’re actually looking forward to Barry Manilow? (Or vice versa?)
While we at Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club can help you create a fabulous wedding and reception in one of the most gorgeous surroundings in the United States, we want to provide you with the tools to make your wedding an occasion that will resonate with beauty and richness.
The Knot provides a list of songs that may be appropriate for couples’ particular personality types:
- The Traditionalists want class, elegance and grace. Here are sample songs recommended by The Knot: “At Last” by Etta James; “Moondance” by Van Morrison; “Unforgettable” by Nat King Cole; “Fly Me to the Moon” by Frank Sinatra; and “Stardust” by Billy Ward & His Dominoes.
- The Jesters are never serious, always joking, forever looking for the big laugh. Sample songs: “She’s No Lady” by Lyle Lovett; “Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off” by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong; “I Think I Love You” by The Partridge Family; and “Love is Strange” by Mickey & Sylvia.
- The Hipsters are cool, tech-savvy and always 20 years ahead of the times. Tom Waits and Aimee Mann are good choices. Sample songs: “Ice Cream” by Sarah McLachlan; “Truly, Madly, Deeply” by Savage Garden; “Fever” by Peggy Lee; “Wild Horses” by The Sundays; and “Head Over Feet” by Alanis Morissette.
- The Hopeless Romantics are, of course, hopelessly romantic. Your tearful heads are always adrift in the emotional clouds. Sample songs: “You’re All I Need to Get By” by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell; “I Believe (When I Fall in Love It Will Be Forever)” by Stevie Wonder; “In Your Eyes” by Peter Gabriel; “Somebody” by Depeche Mode; and “Unchained Melody” by The Righteous Brothers.
- The Rebels – behind the tattoos, the piercings, the green hair and the attitude – want to make a statement, even if it’s anarchistic laden. Sample songs: “Like a Virgin” by Madonna; “You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away” by The Beatles; “Start the Commotion” by The Wiseguys; “The Joker” by Steve Miller Band; and “Sweet Emotion” by Aerosmith.
- The Shrinking Violets are the shy ones, reserved with introspective tendencies. You want tunes that are straight-forward, simple and comfortable. Sample songs: “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong; “Chances Are” by Johnny Mathis; “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra; “Dream a Little Dream of Me” by The Mamas and the Papas; and “Cupid” by Sam Cooke.
- The Smooth Operators. You’re cool and hot at the same time. You’re fancy-pants strutters who enjoy the spotlight. Sample songs: “Cruisin’” by Smokey Robinson; “Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You” by Lauryn Hill; “By Your Side” by Sade; “Beautiful” by Mary J. Blige; and “Ribbon in the Sky” by Stevie Wonder.
We at Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club are dedicated to helping you make your wedding stunningly beautiful and symphonically majestic. Our wedding planner will make your day an occasion that will play in your hearts forever after.
Select from our Platinum, Gold or Silver package for an amazing reception. Each package includes some spectacular enhancements.
By booking the entire wedding here at Golden Ocala, many additional facility fees are waived including rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, engagement photo shoots, bachelorette gatherings and bachelor parties. Contact Julianne Cuomo, Director of Celebrations, to begin planning your special day.
Comments are closed here.