Golden Ocala Provides Great Swimming in Ocala
As the swelling heat of late spring and early summer begins to arrive and as humidity levels creep up, we don’t suddenly develop an aversion to the feel of Earth’s changing atmosphere – especially here in the Sunshine State – and leap with unabashed liberty into the cooler, denser and more playful realm of dihydrogen oxide. No. No.
We decide to go swimming in Ocala for one reason: It’s fun. Well, we may be seeking escape from summer’s swelter for the tepid environment of Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club’s resort-style pool.
If you’re wound, here you unwind. If you’re tense, here you relax. If you’re tired, here you refresh. And all while enjoying the fountains and shady areas that overlook our picturesque golf course. This sprawling pool gives swimmers the lazy opportunity to lounge in the shallow area.
But with the arrival of summer – and big heat – some precautions must be taken to ensure swimmers, especially the little ones, remain safe and secure and have fun in the process.
Swimming in Ocala Can Be Fun and Safe
The American Red Cross offers swimming safety tips:
- Swim with a friend; don’t swim alone.
- Don’t leave young children unattended near swimming pools or areas; teach children to ask permission first to go into the water.
- Young children and inexperienced swimmers should always wear lifejackets.
- Teach everyone in your family how to swim.
- Don’t get distracted when watching children around water.
- If you can’t find a child, first check the water. Seconds count in life-saving.
- Have life-saving equipment on hand, such as floats, cell phones, life jackets.
- Know how to call 911 in an emergency.
- Enroll in water safety courses.
- Protect your skin with sunscreen.
- Drink lots of water.
Golden Ocala offers an array of elite memberships and provides members with exclusive benefits. Contact us about becoming a part of the Golden Ocala experience.
Keep up with all of the latest news from Golden Ocala by following us on Facebook and Twitter.
Comments are closed here.