New Year’s Eve Beauty Trends
WRITTEN BY MELODIE GARCIA, HAIRDRESSER AT GOLDEN OCALA.
Out with the old and in with the new! Good bye 2014 and hello 2015! The New Year is right around the corner and what better way to celebrate than looking and feeling your best. Whether you are bringing in the New Year with a small group or attending an elegant event, like Golden Ocala’s New Year’s Eve Gala, you will want your hair and makeup to make you stand out. Here are some New Year’s Eve beauty trends to help you end this year looking your best!
New Year’s Eve Hair Trends
- Chignon Bun- Chignon buns are all the rage this winter season. There are a variety of ways to wear this low placed bun, straight back, to the side, loose or sleek, the options are endless. The chignon bun can be styled by our expert stylists to go perfectly with your New Year’s Eve attire!
- Loose Waves-Wearing your hair down with some loose waves can put a great touch to those elegant dresses. You can also wear your hair in loose waves and pin it to the side. This style adds a touch of elegance and class to your overall look, completing your glamorous evening look.
- Topknot- If you are going for a sleek and sophisticated style to end 2014, finishing your look with the Topknot is the way to go. This is a very simple yet chic hairstyle.
- Braids- Braids are a timeless trend. You can braid your hair into a gorgeous headband leaving the rest in curls or you can give yourself a beautiful waterfall braid, giving you a soft and pretty finish. No matter what hairstyle you decide you can never go wrong with adding a braid!
- Classic Updo- A classic updo is always a great way to style your hair for a special occasion. Big curls pinned up, framing your face perfectly can give your overall New Year’s Eve look a flawless finish. Customize your updo to your outfit to complete your style.
New Year’s Eve Makeup Trends
- Bold Lip- A red lip is a bold and beautiful way to bring in the New Year. If you are wanting to end 2014 making a statement, red lipstick is the way to do so!
- Luxurious Lashes- Long, luxurious lashes is the perfect way to make your makeup look glamorous. This simple makeup technique is all you need to do to add some pop to your eyes.
- Add Some Sparkle- You can never go wrong with adding a little sparkle to your makeup on New Year’s Eve! Everything about ringing in the New Year sparkles and so should you!
- Smokey Eye- The classic smokey eye is an elegant way to complete your New Year’s Eve look. The smokey eye is perfect with a little black dress and updo.
- Bronze and Gold’s- Adding bronzer and gold’s to your makeup regimen this New Year’s Eve will allow you to glow! You can wear this makeup trend with a casual look for a little shine or dress it up with a simple yet classic satin dress.
No matter what your plans are this New Year’s Eve, the salon professionals at Golden Ocala are here for you! On New Year’s Eve we are offering our members a gorgeous updo for $45 (regularly $50 and up). Our designers offer you the latest in hair and makeup trends allowing you to bring in the New Year looking fabulous! For more information on the latest hair care and beauty trends visit our salon & spa blog.