New Hairstylist at the Golden Ocala Salon
Bursts of Color Grace Golden Ocala Salon
When Christine Carter dreams, she dreams in color. And just like this concept inspired a song by Regina Belle, Golden Ocala was so inspired by Christine’s artistic vision and hair color mastery that we named her the Salon’s newest hairstylist. Over the last 25 years, her attention to up-and-coming trends and techniques branded her a hair design guru. Now, Christine is growing our Salon with all the takeaways she has acquired — helping members to identify and express their style like no one else can.
Entrepreneur and Hair Color Fashionista
After launching her very own salon in the western foothills of Maine where she was born and raised, Christine was contracted as an educator for a hair care product line called Matrix. Her first hair show was with a New England beauty distributor — C.B. Sullivan — preparing models for the main stage at the WTC Boston. This was followed by her work with community theater groups in her hometown. Her hands-on classes covered signature coloring and trend design cutting. Ultimately, Christine’s hair styles were featured on the cover of New Hampshire Wedding magazine — which spans seven distinct districts.
Christine’s work with Matrix brought out her passion for an environment that truly indulges the guest experience — hence why she chose Golden Ocala as her next destination. In addition to supporting the spa staff in coordinating services and pampering members via soft music, the relaxation garden and a serene atmosphere, Christine serves clients just as she taught — with Artego, our color line of choice.
Coloring Your World
Developed in Italy, Artego balances natural elements and sustainable organic principles. Its color crème adds active substances like plant origin components and mineralizing oils, as well as pigments and treatment substances to the hair. This allows Christine to care for hair and formulate color based on members’ needs and wants.
The techniques she will apply using Artego will depend on the member’s goal and how it is to be achieved. Regardless, Christine will always recommend highlights and lowlights to either brighten things up or tone them down — as long as they are blended and align with one’s skin tone. And her go-to maintenance products are:
- Brazilian Blowout — Benefits hair care regimen by smoothing out hair on a hot, humid day
- Brazilian Blowout Acai Protective Thermal Straightening Balm — A heat-activated product that tames frizz and protects hair
- Brazilian Blowout Acai Daily Smoothing Serum — Smooths and conditions hair, protecting it from environmental damage
- Rain Dance — A replenishing cream that strengthens the hair shaft, shielding it from UV rays
- Rain Dance Multi-Benefit Leave-On Spray — A product that is great for strengthing and repairing hair
Colorful Hair Trends of 2019
Christine is also used to staying abreast of the latest hair trends — giving her the opportunity to apply context to our preferred products. She attributes the constant trend changes to the seasons, industry influence and the comeback of old trends, such as the 70s shag and the blunt bob cut. Christine is already noticing that the top hair trends for 2019 are:
- Hair color for a maintenance-free and natural-looking feel
- Embracing what you already have, such as going gray by adding gray highlights to blend the regrowth area or cutting one’s hair short to start fresh
- White-blonde highlights to create thin highlights on fine hair
- Color mask to maintain color and prevent dried out strands
- Pony lights or feathered highlights for versatility and to brighten the face and neck just in time for summer
Determining which trends fit you and which products will help you to best carry out that trend often takes a professional consultation. For more information, contact Christine Carter at (352) 629-6229.