Wedding Planning: Choosing the Menu for Your Wedding
So many details! So much arranging! Planning a wedding can be such a stressful experience. You want it to look good and beautiful and lovely. You want everything and everyone to be in the right place at the right time. And you want it all to sound and to feel so perfect. But what about all those growling tummies? Choosing the right menu for your wedding is important.
We at Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club understand your angst. What goes on the plate and on the table is equally as important as everything else – maybe even more so.
Wedbites offers some good suggestions to keep stomachs filled and guests happy:
- Open Wide: Do small-bite foods. Sliders, cones, tacos, lollipops. Small food items allow your guests to enjoy a variety of tastes. The smaller food also won’t make them feel too stuffed for the dance floor.
- It’s a Family Affair: Formal dinners – with fancy plates and silverware – look super, but it can prevent socializing and restrict movement of your guests around the reception hall. Going family style creates a more casual atmosphere and allows your guests to pick and choose – at a buffet.
- The Spice of Life: That is, when it comes to variety. Set up stations with different foods. This keeps your guests moving. Even make the stations unique: the Avocado Martini Bar, the Pulled Pork Taco Station, the Risotto Bar.
- Comfortably Cool: We’re talking comfort food, but with a twist. How about these? Cajun spiced roasted chicken, Greek meatloaf, mini grilled cheese sandwiches, Texas chili, chicken and waffles, champagne and fried chicken.
- Gulp, Gulp, Gulp: You have to wash it all down, right? Again, think variety. Local craft beer makes the bar more interesting and memorable. Offering custom cocktails is a sure way to keep the wedding memories alive for a long time. Or go frosty with frozen cocktail popsicles.
- Sweet Dreams Are Made of This: You have to do dessert. We’ve said it so many times before, but it’s all about variety, variety, variety. Here’s some ideas: assorted chocolate truffle lollipops, mini milkshake shots, chocolate fondue. Let your imagination – and sweet tooth – run wild.
Let our wedding expert help you create the wedding of your dreams. Contact Julianne Cuomo, Director of Celebrations at 352-402-4376 to begin planning your beautiful day!