What Are the Health Benefits of Massages?
Ooo! Aaaah! Eee! Hoo! Snarl. Giggle. Abbaddabba.
Those are the strange utterances emanating from those who employ the services of Golden Ocala’s massage therapy. It is an earthly sound unsuitable for polite society. It is the noise of comfort, of release from stiff or lumpy muscles, of maturity’s aches and age’s onerous reckoning.
But massage therapy provides a litany of health benefits that even the spry and hardy should take note.
The Mayo Clinic defines massage as “pressing, rubbing and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments.” Therapists often use their hands and fingers but may use their forearms, elbows and feet and may stroke areas or apply deep pressure.
The 4 types of massage include:
- Swedish massage is gentle with long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, vibration and tapping, according to the Mayo Clinic.
- Therapists doing deep massages use slow, forceful strokes on deeper layers of muscle and connective tissues. This type of massage commonly targets muscle damage from injuries.
- Sports massage is used on people involved in sports and is similar to Swedish massage.
- Trigger point massage targets tight muscle fibers that may have formed after injuries or overuse.
Health experts tout massages many health benefits, according to www.massagetherapy.com:
- Alleviates back pain
- Shortens and reduces labor pain in expectant mother
- Reduces dependence on medications
- Improves immunity
- Stretches weak or tight muscles
- Helps athletes prepare for tough workouts
- Improves skin health
- Increases flexibility of joints
- Reduces depression and anxiety
- Helps regenerate scar tissue and reduces stretch marks
- Improves circulation
- Reduces spasms and cramping
- Relaxes sore muscles
- Helps release endorphins
- Helps relieve migraines
Our expert therapists offer these types of massages:
- Swedish Massage: $75 (50 minutes)/$100 (80 minutes)
- Back, Neck and Shoulder Massage: $85/$125
- Deep Tissue Massage: $85/$125
- “Pea in the Pod” Massage: $95 (50 minutes)
- Warm Stone Massage: $95/$125
Call us today at 352-402-4350 to schedule an appointment. Hours are: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday – Friday; 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday; and Sunday by appointment. Keep up with all of the latest news from Golden Ocala by following us on Facebook and Twitter.