How Do You Prepare To Go Swimming?
Sigmund Freud may have enjoyed swimming. However, the father of psychoanalysis may have observed with perplexed fascination how people prepare to go swimming.
Do they leap unabashedly and headlong into Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian’s resort style pool playfully with not a care about the temperature or the sudden belly-busting impact? Or are they nervous nellies taking hours to get into the pool by fearfully dipping shivering toes in first – only to run away squealing about the arctic waters?
While we won’t delve into the mystery of the human psyche, we will reveal how to prepare for an afternoon of swimming at Golden Ocala’s pool for gentle therapeutic relaxation where deep-thinking swimmers can enjoy refreshing fountains and shady areas overlooking our scenic championship golf course. Our sprawling zero-entry pool provides shallow lounging.
Make Swimming More Fun By Preparing Ahead of Time
Here are some preparation tips to make your swim time fun time:
- Eat (a light, healthy meal) beforehand. But maybe not right before you go. Swimming requires lots of energy. So maybe an hour or so before you head to the pool.
- Get a waterproof bag for your swimming gear. The bag should be relatively small with plenty of pockets for the extras you’ll bring, such as money, goggles and sun lotion.
- Don goggles to help you see better underwater and to help protect your eyes. Swim caps might be good for those serious – and long-haired – athletic types.
- Take along some shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and deodorant. Hair brushes might help.
- Please! Don’t forget your swimming suit. For so many reasons which we will not get into.
- For hairy (on the head) swimmers, we recommend taking two towels, one for your body and one for your head. If you lean to the scanty side of life (hair on the head that is), a second towel is good to have just in case.
- After an afternoon of swimming, your stomach might be beckoning for attention and Golden Ocala has some excellent eateries, including a café that delivers food and drinks right to the pool.
Golden Ocala offers a variety of elite memberships with exclusive benefits. Contact Donna Snow, our Membership Director at 352-402-4343 about becoming a part of the Golden Ocala experience.