What Attractions Does Ocala Offer?
Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club blankets more than 1,300 acres of gently rolling Central Florida terrain with the finest offerings for luxury living and an active lifestyle. Nothing is left out of this equation – residential splendor, recreational delight and every imaginable amenity for the grand life.
It’s a lush landscape set serenely in the heart of the Sunshine State.
But just east of Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club – in Marion County, the horse capital of the world – rests Florida’s 45th largest city, Ocala, with a population just under 60,000.
As Marion County’s county seat, Ocala provides touches of big city life mixed generously with the charm and flavor of old-fashioned small-town America.
What can you find in Ocala for fun and recreation?
TripAdvisor.com highlights some of visitors’ favorite places:
- Gypsy Gold’s facility features a 14-stall show barn and a 12-stall bedding-free barn, surrounded by 19 lush paddocks dotted with ancient granddaddy oaks draped in Spanish moss. Private trails, hilltop views and many gorgeous backdrops are here for four of the remaining foundation herd of the Gypsy Vanner Horse. Call 352-307-3777 or visit gypsygold.com.
- Farm Tours of Ocala – Enjoy a morning tour of Ocala’s working farms. You’ll witness for yourself why Marion County is designated the “Horse Capital of the World.” Call 352-895-9302 or visit farmtoursofocala.com for more information.
- The Canyons Zip Line and Canopy Tours presents towering cliffs, sparkling lakes, old growth oak trees, massive canyons and zip lines running through it all. Call 352-351-9477 or visit zipthecanyons.com for more information.
- Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing chronicles the history of drag racing with more than 90 race cars. Another 50 cars are in the museum’s Antique Car building. Call 352-245-8661 or visit garlits.com for more information.
- Sholom Park’s mission is to provide a place where the pursuit of inner peace and learning may be enhanced and enjoyed. Guests are invited to experience a feeling of serenity, contentment, joy and inner peace. Owners want to create a model of land stewardship with the preservation of open space for education and public enjoyment. Call 352-387-7404 or visit sholompark.com for more information.
Golden Ocala offers an array of elite memberships and provides members with exclusive benefits. Contact us about becoming a part of the Golden Ocala experience.