Why Is Outdoors Recreation Good and Healthy?
Examine the wind. Experience the sun. Embrace the invisible dance of nature, and get moving. Quickly! Quickly! Outdoors you go.
Although spending time at the gym on those stationary treadmills and bikes is certainly good and healthy, there’s nothing like the outdoors. As far as health and fitness go, being and moving outside where the blue sky offers no limits is absolutely the best.
We at Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club understand and appreciate the many advantages of the outdoors; in fact, we designed our community with that concept in mind: Take a gander at our world-class golf course, our superior tennis facilities and our elegant equestrian offerings.
The experts agree: Outside is the place to be – for fun, for recreation, for some good, old-fashioned kicking about.
Dr. Andrew Lepp, an assistant professor of recreation, park and tourism management at Kent State, explains why:
- Think About It. Recreating outdoors is good for your psychology. It reduces stress; improves self-esteem and confidence; makes you more creative; enhances spiritual growth; and promotes a sense of exhilaration, adventure and challenge.
- ‘Dem Bones. Going outside helps improve your physical fitness in three areas: aerobic, cardiovascular and muscular.
- Ever the Socialite. It’s a fantastic way to bond with like-minded outdoors folks in outdoor activities and broadens that sense of community pride.
- Proud To Be an American. Going outdoors helps the economy. Really. People who exercise tend to be more productive at work. Outdoor recreation helps create jobs for parks and recreations people. Preserving and doing upkeep at nature areas boost property values.
- Making Mother Nature Proud. Spending time outdoors helps improve the environment by heightening awareness of environmental issu That tends to lead to more involvement in environmental causes, such as community cleanups.
The trainers at Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club are available to help you develop good exercise habits outdoors. Stop by the Fitness Center today and get started on the new and healthy you!