How Do You Choose The Best Wedding Reception Entertainment?
It might be a little late to get new wedding reception entertainment when the band begins playing Journey’s “Separate Ways”: “Troubled times, caught between confusions and pain, pain, pain. Distant eyes, promises we made were in vain, vain, vain.”
Spoiler alert: The wedding may have been beautiful, the arrangements impeccable, the dinner exquisite but the band was an absolute disaster. After all, AC/DC’s “Hells Bells” is no romantic ballad in anyone’s matrimonial playbook. The question: How do you choose the best wedding reception entertainment?
While Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club provides numerous options to create your beautiful wedding, we are offering tips from The Knot, an online source for wedding information, for the forlorn explorer of the best wedding reception entertainment this side of the heavens. Here are questions you should consider:
- What theme do you want to convey? Rock, funk, jazz or stringed quartet? The sound will reflect your wedding’s personality.
- How about diversity? Do you want the band to play some variety? A little country, some rock? How about fast and slow songs?
- How much do you want to pay? DJs don’t cost as much as full bands. Prices may vary depending on when the reception is (both the season and the day of the week) and how much equipment is needed.
- Thinking about going with a band? Bands can project an air of sophistication and can sometimes better sync with those at the reception. Bandleaders can better connect with and direct the mood at a reception. But bands can be more costly.
- Discard the disco DJ stereotype. Good DJs are artists who can provide a balanced mix of songs and styles. One plus: The songs will be authentic – by the original artists.
- Believing is seeing. Ask for a taped public performance or attend a dress rehearsal. Or, as a last resort, get a playlist.
- Recall our earlier examples of songs gone wrong. Give your entertainers your list of preferences and your prohibitions. Celine Dion? OK. Megadeth and Slayer? Maybe not. Remember, when in doubt, provide a list of “must-plays” and “never-plays” (Journey’s “Separate Ways”).
Golden Ocala Packages Play Beautifully at Any Wedding
Our wedding packages give you the opportunity to create a wedding experience that will reverberate in your mind for years to come. Select from our Premium, Gold and Silver packages for a wonderful reception to salute your special day. Each package includes some lovely enhancements.
When you book your entire wedding at Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club, we will waive additional facility fees, which include use for rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, engagement photo shoots, bachelorette gatherings, bachelor parties and other events.
Contact Julianne Cuomo, Director of Celebrations, at 352-402-4376 for more information and to begin making plans for your new lives together.