Fine dining typically involves getting the keys to your automobile and traveling to a restaurant. Other steps may include cleaning yourself up and changing clothes. Good eating naturally requires small sacrifice and interrupting your active schedule, right?
After all, who in their right mind places culinary excellence right nearby? We’re talking, like, right near the tennis courts and the golf course and the resort-style swimming pool. We’re talking right where all the fun and recreation is. We’re talking convenient scrumptiousness. Why, those are such good questions. The answer: Café on the Green. Boom!
Here are some quick tips for healthy eating:
- Choose grains. Whole-grain breads are low in fat and high in fiber and carbohydrates.
- Go colorful. Fruits and vegetables provide flavor and are low in fat. Stay away from adding margarine, butter, mayonnaise, which are fat heavy.
- Get baked, broiled or roasted meat. Lean cuts are the best.
- Go with skim milk or low-fat buttermilk if you’re going dairy.
Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian specializes in delicious and healthy dining. We have several exquisite options for those who may prefer to suit up, hop in their automobiles and make an afternoon or evening of it. Yes. Yes. You can certainly do that – at Raspberry’s, at Knicker’s Lunch and especially at the Chef’s Table (we’ll talk more about that later).
But let’s go visit Café on the Green to discover the wonders of both worlds. Here you’ll find healthy choices and some delicious selections that are sure to complete a relaxing afternoon under the Florida sun.
Just Take a Look at These
We present to you the menu:
- Hummus: Marinated Tomato and Kalamata Olive Salad, Basil Oil, Warm Pita Bread
- Seared Ahi Tuna: Tobiko Crab Slaw, Avocado, Soy Ginger Lime Sauce
- Caprese Salad: Buffalo Mozzarella, Tomatoes, Basil Pesto
- Fried Green Tomatoes: Queso Fresco, Spicy Mayo, Frisee Lettuce
- Chicken Wings or Crispy Chicken Tenders: Tossed in one of our Special Sauces. Served with Blue Cheese or Ranch Dressing and Celery Sticks. Buffalo, Teriyaki, Thai Sweet Chili, BBQ
- Nachos: Crisp Tortilla Chips covered with Melted Cheese, Guacamole, Jalapeños, Sour Cream and Salsa
We use certified organic greens by Hammock Hollow Herb Co.
- Café Mixed Green Salad: Avocado, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Red Onions, Sunflower Seeds
- Classic Caesar Salad: Romaine Hearts, Croutons, Parmesan Cheese and our Signature Caesar Dressing
- Cobb Salad: Iceberg Lettuce topped with Avocado, Blue Cheese Crumbles, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Tomatoes and Egg Served with our Cobb Dressing
- Fruit & Spinach Salad: Seasonal Fruit, Walnut Pieces, Tangerine Dressing
- Super Greens Salad: Chopped Kale, Spinach, Cucumber, Bell Peppers, Avocado, Grilled Asparagus, Asiago Cheese, Ranch Dressing
- Quinoa Power Bowl: Tri-Colored Quinoa, Sautéed with Kale, Carrots, Lemon, Sundried Tomatoes, Onions, Artichokes
All sandwiches include choice of side
- All American Club: Boars Head Maple Ham & Roasted Turkey, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Swiss Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Mayonnaise, Served on Toasted Wheat
- Beef Eater: Shaved Prime Rib, Caramelized Onions, Cheddar Cheese, Served on Crispy Parmesan Sourdough Bread
- Grilled Chicken Spinach & Artichoke Melt: Mozzarella, Parmesan Cheese on Sourdough
- Chicken Salad or Tuna Salad Sandwich: Homemade Chicken Salad or Tuna Salad, Provolone Cheese, Roasted Almonds, Lettuce, Tomato, Apple Smoked Bacon, Served on Grilled Sourdough
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese: Sharp Cheddar, Swiss, Provolone, Lettuce and Tomato, Served on Grilled Sourdough
- Bistro Burger: Prime Chuck Burger, Topped with One Egg, Cheddar Cheese, Two Pieces of Applewood Smoked Bacon & Chipotle Aioli Served on a Brioche Bun
- Traditional BLT: Applewood Smoked Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato & Herb Mayonnaise on Toasted Sourdough
- Hebrew National Hot Dog: Sauerkraut, Sweet Relish, Brioche Bun and Choice of Side
- The Ultimate Fish Tacos: Grilled or Fried Corvina, Mango Radish Lime-Salsa, Napa Cabbage, Pink Chili Mayonnaise, Queso Fresco, Served in a Soft Tortilla (Does not include a side)
- Grilled Chicken Avocado Wrap: Romaine Lettuce, Pepper Jack & Queso Fresco Cheeses, Caramelized Onions, Ranch Adobo Sauce, Choice of Wrap
Fruit Cup, French Fries, Sweet Potato Fries, Cole Slaw, Onion Rings, Small Salad, Kettle Chips, Edamame
Breakfast @ the Café
Available All Day, Every Day. During Café Kitchen Hours
- Two Egg Combo: Served with Hashbrowns, Three Strips of Bacon and Toast
- Create Your Own Omelet: Two whole eggs or two egg whites. Up to Four ingredients: Ham, Bacon, Cheese, Onions, Peppers, Salsa, Tomatoes, Spinach, Mushrooms, Green Chilies Served with Hashbrowns, Three Strips of Bacon and Toast. Also available in Your Choice of Tortilla Wrap for a Portable Option
- French Toast with Bacon: Two Pieces of French Toast & Three strips of Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Asiago Bagel Egg Sandwich: Egg, Honey Maple Ham, Swiss Cheese
- French Toast Bagel Egg Sandwich: Egg, Maple Sausage, Provolone Cheese
- Energy Bagel Egg Sandwich: Egg Whites, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Spinach, Mozzarella Cheese
- Croissant Egg Sandwich: Egg, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Smoked Cheddar Cheese
- Bacon or Sausage Croissant Egg Sandwich: Egg, Bacon or Sausage, American Cheese Romaine Lettuce, Pepper Jack & Queso Fresco Cheeses, Caramelized Onions, Ranch Adobo Sauce, Choice of Wrap
There’s so much more. We thought we’d whet your whistle during your active lifestyle. You may also peruse these selections: Kids Menu, Smoothies, Milk Shakes, Frozen Libations, Sangria and Energy Drinks.
Cafe Hours: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Sunday – Saturday. Kitchen hours: 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Tuesday – Friday; 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday – Monday.
Drive on over to Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club today to enjoy sweet eating. Or stroll on over to Café on the Green. Call 352-402-4355 for more information. Read our other articles to learn about our other amenities waiting for you here. Contact us today to begin the good life.
What do you think of this article on Café on the Green? Comment below.